TWHNC releases tentative 2020 Celebration class schedule for comment through March 3
The Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration board approved the 2020 tentative Celebration class schedule at its meeting on Tuesday evening, January 28th. “The boards’ goal is to get the schedule out early to aid trainers and owners in their planning for the upcoming season.”
The Celebration will review comments and suggestions after the 30-day comment period which ends March 3rd. Shortly after that deadline is when the final schedule will be released. As in the past few years the schedule committee reviews the results from the previous Celebration along with results dating back two and three years. The focus is on participation earmarked by how many horses enter the ring in each class, the length of each session, and trends within the industry that effect interest in particular classes and divisions.
This analysis along with recommendations are then presented to the full Celebration board for discussion and final determination. A summary of the changes proposed for 2020 include:
1. Classes 21E and 22E (in 2019) are combined to form 1 class in 2020
2. Class 102 (in 2019) AOT Lite Shod WH, NPT in 90 days has been removed
3. Class 92 (in 2019) O/A Riders on Western Train Pleasure WH will move to Monday morning and will be class 100 in 2020
4. Class 93 (in 2019) Elite O/A Gentleman Riders on walking M & G will move to Monday evening and become class 108 in 2020
5. Class 151 (in 2019) O/A riders on Show Pleasure WGC will move from Friday evening to Thursday evening class 137 in 2020
If you would like to make a comment or suggestion please call the Celebration office at 931-684-5915 or go to www.twhnc.com and send your comment to us via email.